Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2007

News of My Demise Greatly Exaggerated

I received an interesting call yesterday. A friend I had not spoken with for some time is currently attending Seminary with Tim - out there on the other coast. He had called to ask me how I was. Now, I found that to be quite considerate. Believing he was asking about my long-term cerebral dysfunction, I was pleased to tell him that I have had fewer sensory seizures and migraines since we had last discussed it. At this point I'm thinking..."What a good friend! I haven't emailed or called HIM in months and here he is, busier than I can imagine, calling me all the way from the other coast to inquire into my health." Guilt would have set in, except that we were soon chatting away about various subjects, just like we always used to do. [I even got a good book recommendation out of it!]

After his free phone minutes must have certainly expired [I can't get used to keeping track of how long you talk to people!], it finally came out WHY he had called me. It seems that in a chapel service for the entire Seminary, prayer was requested for Tim's mother, who was seriously ill and in need of saving faith! This was certainly news to ME ... and I'm the only mother he's got, as far as I know. My friend later went up to the man who had requested the prayer to be sure the gentleman had correct information, but the guy insisted he was in a class with Tim and had personally heard it straight from him!

Sooo...my conclusion is either:

1. Tim has had a vision and I am apparently NOT in the place I had thought I was.

2. Tim has not seen a recent entry on my blog and has concluded the worst.

3. The gentleman did not write the request down clearly enough - it was really for Tim's GRANDmother.

I can hardly wait for the reception I will receive from those Seminarians when I go out for graduation in a few months. They will be thrilled to see their prayers have been answered...and to discover it was retroactive by 27 years!

2 comments:

Tim Costine said...

although I'd like to go with option 2, i'm going to have to go with option 4. What i had said in class was to pray for Leah's aunt, who was dying of terminal cancer and they weren't sure how long she had. i said I wasn't sure about the salvation of the family, but that Tina and the fam were saved and going to be ministering with them.

then I check my email a couple days later and find out that MY mother is dying of terminal cancer. The email had been sent to the whole student body. Then apparently they announced it in chapel, as there was a prayer chapel last week. I don't go to chapels since I don't have classes are that time, so I find this out through the intern that works with the college group at my church.

I get an email from him saying that his heart is very heavy for my mother and that he is keeping us in his prayers. Then I go to class later that day and a bunch of people kept talking to me about it, but I had to keep telling them that it wasn't my mom, it was my wife's aunt Sandy.

so I emailed the lady who sent the email out and apparently her boss won't allow her to send out a correction until next week. why? I don't know. I didn't think about R.G. hearing, but yeah, that's what happened.

Loving Husband said...

So the person we saw Sunday night was ...


YOUR GHOST.